Sunday 22 June 2014

Where is the time going???

Hi All,

It's that time of week again when I say hello from a lovely sunny Sunday in Luton. Anyone would think it is summer?

I have had another busy week at the hospital, working a mixture of early and long shifts on the ward. The only work I still have to submit are my assessment booklet from this placement and my skills log, which needs to be completely signed off by the time I finish this placement so I am trying to get the last few sorted.

I received my grade back for my degree project yesterday-B+! Very happy with that I had been expecting maybe a C grade so still have the potential to get a First class degree with Honours (albeit a small chance...just have to keep everything crossed!).

I'm still awaiting a location for my job in September, as despite the job offer months ago, I still need to be allocated a hospital in the county. For all of those students who have applied to the Luton & Dunstable Hospital; they have all had interviews and have been told whether they have been offered a position. If it wasn't for my partner living in another part of the country I definitely would have stayed in the area as have found the hospital and the staff so facilitating, and it is a shame I cannot start my career there.

I may be writing a little earlier next week as have a very busy 8days planned. Will be working three early shifts and two long shifts Mon-Fri, then am away for the weekend to visit my other half before driving back to get to University to polish up my nursing portfolio. Then the week starts again! Potentially two weeks tomorrow I will be getting my assessment booklet signed off stating that they believe I am fit to be a nurse. Rather nerve-racking!

Right...best be off! Time really is flying by...never under estimate how quickly it can go!

Chat next week :)
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment