Friday 27 June 2014

Get that Friday feeling!

Hi All!

Brrrrr!!!!
Well the sun may not be shining but hey, it's Friday! I'm not sure if it is just me, but when I am tired I feel cold so I have treated myself with the heating on and a blanket (I am aware that it is Summer time!).

I have just had a busy week catching up on lost hours due to time off essay writing, and have worked six out of the seven past days. I finally get to look forward to a weekend off and am planning on escaping to Somerset in my new car and doing absolutely nothing in terms of university work!

I am still really enjoying my placement, and will really miss the staff and my supportive mentors. I even feel I have built up a rapport with certain lecturers over the three years so it will feel a bit bizarre being independently out in the world of work again! Two weeks today all of my work will be in, and I will be looking ahead to a long summer off and awaiting my degree mark.

It is weird how in Year One I felt like I was just learning the basics and observing nursing skills. By Year Two I was exploring the different teams within the hospital and taking more responsibility with care planning and hands on patient care. And Year Three? Back in September I was convinced I wouldn't feel ready to be a qualified nurse...but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think it partly came with all of my written work being submitted, but also with my mentor leaving me responsible for my own patients and on occasions, the ward.


If you have been taking exams I hope they have gone smoothly...not long until you find out your grades! The countdown begins!

See you next week!
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment