Saturday 19 July 2014

My first week in no man's land

Sunshine!!!
Hi All!

Well the heatwave seems to have come and gone and the thunder and lightning has set in. Anyone would think we were having a typical British summer!?

I have so far had one week off from life as a student. My hair has been chopped and coloured (rebelling to not having to tie it up for work for the next two months hoping it will grow out in time for September!) and I am settling in nicely into a routine of later nights and longer lay in's. 

Camping disaster
On Monday I set off to Wales with my other half for three nights of camping by the seaside and it seems to be a developing habit to never start our trip smoothly. On arrival at the site (and after over two hours of driving) we started to unload the car only to discover that something had been forgotten-the camping poles. Following a minor debate about what could be done (drive home or invest in a tent) we decided to buy a new one that fortunately was ex-display and was sold cheaply to us as the salesman seemed to take pity on us. After a few days of chilling out with a BBQ and driving around the countryside we headed home, then went to Thorpe Park yesterday in the random heatwave. I don't know if I am getting old, but after a morning of rides we decided that queuing for 2 hours for one ride sounded daft, so now you find me typing from Leicestershire visiting my mother in law. 

Well I'm still awaiting news from the job I applied for...closing date is on Thursday so really hoping to hear something by the end of the week just to put me out of my misery. Until then I will just need to keep my fingers crossed!

Well Graduation for us Nursing students is still four months away, so I can't really get excited about that until nearer the time I guess. We also won't be getting our official grades until September so there is nothing else to do but sit back and enjoy the time off. I managed to sell off a few of my Nursing books on eBay the other week as no longer need a student nurse handbook as have now invested in the newly qualified nurse handbook...still doesn't feel real!

Well I have a rather dull week ahead of me now...fun things like catching up with family and my washing after being away (I can only assume how jealous you must be at this description!?) I think I only have two more blogs to write before signing off from here so not long now. If you do have any questions or general comments about anything I've written over the past eight months or maybe something about your upcoming studies, I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability! Until then, have a good week and I will talk to you soon :)

Em x


No comments:

Post a Comment