Sunday 6 July 2014

One week left...

Hi All :)

Well today is rather a chill down day for me, following work yesterday and back on a long day tomorrow. I forced myself to have a retail therapy day which was so tough, but I forced myself :) As long as I don't look at my bank statement I should be fine!

I received the feedback from my last essay yesterday, and let's just say I could have done better and the chance of a First is now looking very slim, but hey ho...as long as I pass then I can be a nurse, so roll on my grade coming out next week for that essay.

The week ahead is really the end of my course. Tomorrow I will get graded for my placement, and hopefully (fingers crossed) I will get signed off as competent to be signed on to the NMC Register to be a nurse. I then have a meeting on Wednesday with my personal lecturer followed by submission of all of my remaining work Friday then that's it! I can relax into a Summer off and start de-cluttering and packing for relocation.

We were invited to attend a CQC inspection day earlier this week, which I recommend if the opportunity arises when you get to Year Three. The University emailed to see if any of us wanted to participate, and a number of us took the offer up. We were each paired up with an external staff member from another hospital and went around various wards speaking to both patients and staff and their experiences and inspecting the ward followed by scoring each area. Does make you look at things in a different light!

Well that's me I'm afraid. Last three shifts as a Student Nurse ever ever, and next time I will be in a uniform it will be as a staff member. That hasn't really hit me yet and don't think it will until the end of summer!

Hope all is good your end
Em x 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment