Friday 28 March 2014

Happy Friday!

Hey people!

How is everyone? Good week? Curious as to whether you've been offered a place on the course yet or are still deciding/waiting....it may feel like time is dragging but appreciate the summer off as it will fly by!

Well I have had a productive(ish) week that started better than it seems to be ending! I had my two hour written exam on Monday which I feel went well. After nine A4 pages of answers (and a cramp in my hand) I left feeling like I had answered the questions as much as I could. The scenario was based on an elderly gentleman with a long-term condition and you needed to consider different things in relation to the care you would offer, as well as having some knowledge on the drugs listed. All I can do is sit back and await the result over the next few weeks.

That evening I had an early night as I would be getting up at 5.30am ready for my first 7am shift of my management placement. I was booked in to work 7am-2.50pm on Tuesday and Wednesday to get in some early hours and work alongside my co-mentor on the ward. Pleased to say that I really enjoyed the environment and the staff were lovely. Not back until the 15th April but feeling optimistic.

Yesterday I decided to have a bit of a mellow day, having a clean around, giving the dog a good walk and getting my work out ready to get started today. Then today arrived and I have felt seriously unproductive! I made a plan of my degree project and wrote my introduction but then distraction mode set in. Any excuse to not be typing I opted for. By 2 o'clock I had opted for a nice bath and to write this blog. I mentioned last week that I was an 'all or nothing' type of worker in terms of my written work, and this was definitely a nothing day. Rather than sit and become more frustrated, I have written the working day off and will get started afresh with a better mindset tomorrow (hopefully!). I have this weekend, Monday and Wednesday set aside for this project but am out in London on Tuesday and have a practice walk with two people from university on Thursday ready for our charity walk. I was determined to have a draft of my project complete by next Wednesday (4,500 words!) but hey...if I don't manage it I can't beat myself up about it. Would be nice though!


Don't forget to put your clock forward an hour on Sunday :)
Anyway, I am going to get off of this laptop before I time waste any further by spending more money on internet shopping! So so easy to do!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend...its due to be nice and warm so make the most of it and think of me sitting at my desk looking out at the sunshine!

Thanks for reading!
Em x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment